PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Under My Thumb.....

Finished Object:

Chemo Cap #2

I finished the second chemo cap for my co-worker; the yarn is Noro Lily (silk/cotton) and it's simply scrumptious. It took just over one skein to make the hat. The pattern is the Amelia Earhart Aviator Cap and I think it's super cute. The lines are really unique, and the pattern is VERY well-written. I love when a pattern says "repeat rows 2 & 3 thirteen times" - and then gives you the row-by-row steps anyway. It whipped right up over the weekend, and now I'm on to the third (and final) hat out of mercerized cotton. It's like penance, really, all this knitting with cotton.

Tonight's going to be fun - the Wo and I are headed up to Sugar Creek to take our class to be certified KC BBQ judges! I have no idea what to expect, and I am a little afraid I will have to learn cuts of meat under pressure. I always have to look up the diagram to understand where exactly what particular cut comes from which section. Hope there isn't a test at the end! Oh, lord. Now I'm over-thinking it and starting to stress out. Heh. I did a search yesterday to find the building where the class is located, and I landed on a web page that was titled, "Original Village People to appear at Sugar Creek Slavic Festival". I seriously read the page three times, searching for more information about the Original Village People, because who doesn't love the campy "YMCA" and the costumes???? Ohhhhh. They meant something else. They are just featuring PEOPLE. From a VILLAGE. ORIGINALLY. I tell ya, it just shows how we process information, we start with what we THINK we know and what we expect to see, and it can take you places far, far removed from the truth and reality of a situation! I must admit, the Slavic Festival seemed like a strange venue for the Village People.

And last, but not least, Shanny had this on her blog, and I decided to take the little quiz. Turns out she and I are polar opposites, and are warned to beware each other. I guess it means you shouldn't make your friends based on quizzes!!!

You Are the Thumb

You're unique and flexible. And you defy any category.
Mentally strong and agile, you do things your own way. And you do them well.
You are a natural leader... but also truly a loner. You inspire many but connect with few.

You get along well with: The Middle Finger

Stay away from: The Pinky
What Finger Are You?


I'm simply shocked I'm not THE middle finger.
posted by PlazaJen, 10:45 AM
|