PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Take Me Out.....

I have "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" stuck in my head today. And I'm sportin' a horrid sunburn on half my neck. That's damn sexy, let me tell you. Hi! I'm red! I'm white! I'm a Michael Jackson video, morphing before your eyes!

We may not have a very winning team, but we do have a gorgeous ballpark:

KC Royals, Home Opener

Fireworks:

Fireworks

And, what isn't more all-American than a flyover by the Stealth Bomber? Holy crap.

Holy Toledo, Batman!

Of course, you can't hear it until after it's already gone & it was a ROAR. I put my camera down so I could look up as it went directly overhead, and you could see all the metal panels on the underside, it was THAT close. Amazing technology, scary as hell. I think everyone in our group was impressed & amazed.

The rest of the game was freezing cold, because our seats weren't in the sun, and several sections over, a woman got arrested, one section over, a woman fell down the stairs, and at the end of the day, the Royals lost. All-in-all, it made me sentimental for my days in Minneapolis, when the Twins were so good, they'd selectively walk players, as we screamed and booed. It's unfortunate we don't keep the good players (they get snatched by teams with more money) and yesterday, the stands were as full as they'll be for the season. And I don't think any sort of roof (we have a vote on that today - a gigantic expensive rolling roof for both stadiums) is going to fix what's wrong with the Royals. Better to plow that money into the team.
posted by PlazaJen, 9:40 AM
|