PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Let's Talk About How Much I'm NOT A Gamer.


So, JWo bought a PlayStation2 on eBay & we have it hooked up to the wonderful big TV. He's playing the family-friendly game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" on it (came with the PS2), and he also got a car racing game with it. My contribution was to go buy wireless controllers, a violent motocross game that allows you to beat each other up with crowbars while riding on a dirt bike, and then BACK out to buy AAA batteries for the dang controllers.

(I thought the motocross game might add benefits to our marriage, you know, build some communication skills. ;) )

I so missed this whole gaming boat. My knowledge of gaming is 1) Tetris on the computer, 2) Sims on the computer, and 3) SEGA! With my beloved Sonic the Hedgehog. And let me tell you, unlike GTA:San Andreas, Mr. Sonic does not "jack" people out of their cars, cause blood to fly around, or participate in gunplay.

Here is a comprehensive list of what I've learned in the past 24 hours:
*My thumbs hurt.
*Time flies by in the blink of an eye.
*JWo is much better at the gaming than I am.
*I have a tendency to drive in circles, and I also fight that way.
*I do not win many fights.
*I do not win many races.
*I believe if you lean forward on the couch and stretch out your arms, it will help you cross the finish line faster.
*I believe in honking my horn, A LOT.

Really, it's just like real life! (I AM getting the Sims2, so I have something I can excel at..... those Sims can SHOP.)

posted by PlazaJen, 11:50 AM
|