PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

From Bonnets to Bitchslaps

I sure do appreciate everyone's patience with me, especially this week. I think my blog-identity is as multifaceted as the chart in Sybil's file at the shrink. Supposedly, this blog's about knitting. Which I do, every day! Sporadic crafting, which I do, sporadically! But I seem to write more about everything that irritates me, along with all my misty-colored memories. And then sometimes I have to search my blog to make sure I'm not getting all golden-years hazy on you and telling you the same old story about how my daddy taught me to handle the wild dogs of Northern Iowa.

Right now, I'm burning the candle at both ends, work-wise. When I get home from work, I collapse in a heap, grab some knitting & watch TV. My life right now doesn't exactly make for a spectacular blog entry: Woke up, went to work, screamed at stupid drivers (I do! Every day.) Worked. Came home. Ate meal, played with dog, watched tv, did dishes. Woohoo! I mean, in the end, I don't think having a blog is about having a glamorous life and writing about it. I like to expound on my ideas, my philosophies of life, what I've learned, what makes me tick & what makes me crazy (Bad drivers! Always!) & I know that through blogging, I've made some great friends, entertained current ones, and oddly enough, sparked a flurry of comments on the topic of bonnets.

I'm going to take Friday & Monday off, so I stay out of Two Rivers Psychiatric Hospital. It's more of a public service & workplace safety decision, I'd say. Tomorrow is a big new biz day, and when I get home? I'm pouring myself Patron on ice, and saying "Hello, Four-Day weekend. You look GOOD." And before I can even leer like a fifty-year old man at the titty bars, I'll fall face-first into bed to, hopefully, sleep uninterrupted for at least 12 hours.
posted by PlazaJen, 9:00 AM
|