PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, March 27, 2006

A Backwards Glance

Today, one of my dearest friends is quitting his job. He's got a new one, better, more money, closer to home, yadda yadda, and I couldn't be happier for him. I was reminded that my own emancipation proclamation took place about a year ago, and I had to go back into my archives to look up exactly when. Tomorrow, in fact. March 28, 2005 was the day I gleefully, joyfully, bitterly & blissfully left my last job. There have been some rough patches since, of course, but nothing compares to what I left behind. I gave myself six months to get over being so pissed off, and a year later, I can honestly say, I don't get too wound up about it anymore. Would I be the first to grab a violin if the place started to burn? You bet your bippity, baby. I can take the high road a lot, but the urge to chortle will never leave me.

I've got today off, with a spa day planned. My stress the past few weeks has been pretty high, what with all the work & the new business, and some choice people who've managed to find my buttons & punch them. I still really like my job, I'm hopeful for the future & what we'll end up doing. That said, the fact I'm missing the Monday status meeting & instead, getting a massage & a facial? Chortle, chortle!

All that aside, I'll leave you with this: I had two dreams last night, feel free to interpret what you will. The first, a sales rep called me at home to try to finalize this buy I'm going to finish when I go in tomorrow. I went APE SHIT on her. Gee, not a lot of depth to plumb there, interpreters. But the second? I was cleaning out my ears with a Q-tip? And kept getting grass clippings. Lots of them. Think I'm coming down with Spring Fever?
posted by PlazaJen, 8:03 AM
|