PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The Power of 3

Overheard Conversation:
Setting: him - in kitchen. me - in bathroom getting ready.

him: "Have you heard about the movie 'Three' on ESPN?"

me: "No. What is it?"

him: "It's about Three!"

me: "Three what?"

him: "Three!"

me: (louder) "Three! Three what????"

him: (laughing)"Oh, my sweetie isn't a redneck." (more laughing)

(more chuckling as I continue applying makeup and am now growing more and more frustrated)

me: "WHAT THE HELL IS THREE? THREE WHAT? I DON'T GET IT!"

him: "Dale Earnhart's car number! Number Three!"

me: "oh."


me: "No."

me: "I'm not a redneck."


Editor's note: James does not follow NASCAR, but on odd days does classify himself as part-redneck, and is a direct descendent of full-blooded rednecks. Therefore we have not insulted anyone in this exchange, except possibly passionate number Three fans, and certainly they aren't reading blogs about knitting, but if they are, this is more to illustrate how I like to think of myself as really really smart, but there are things that boom right over my head & James' enjoyment of testing how truly in-tune I am to every pop culture thing out there. I'm usually right there..... until it involves sports.


posted by PlazaJen, 9:00 AM
|