PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Barely Refrained from Freaking Out!

I went to Sung Son for lunch with mah BFF Beth, and we were eager to try out their new lunchtime buffet. It was terrific. At one point, I believe I said, "I don't even know how much this is, but it's freakin' AWESOME!"

For the record? $8.99. Dudes & dudettes? They have SPRING ROLLS on the buffet. And Vietnamese egg rolls, made with those lovely thin wrappers. And a noodle soup bowl selection of like, 10 different kinds. And bun. And a bunch of chinese dishes, too. Hog-freakin-heaven, since spring rolls are my Achilles heel. And a vat of peanut sauce? Died and gone to heaven, folks. You normally pay $4 to get 2 spring rolls. It was phenomenal. And to me, the glorious part of Vietnamese food is that it's healthy (as long as you don't ladle the peanut sauce onto everything!) so I feel pretty good right now. It's very filling, tasty, well-prepared - mm. I'm pleased as punch & it seems to have picked up their business, too, so it should be a win-win situation for them.

As long as they keep that spring roll wrapper person on staff. Man. They're just so good!

Labels:

posted by PlazaJen, 3:00 PM
|