PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice, Ice Baby!

First of all, I hate ice. I realized after moving into this band/zone weather area that while I gave up living with winter for 8 months out of the year (ok, 5, but sometimes it was 6, and sometimes we went for a month with no sunshine), there was a trade-off. There's always a trade-off. And the trade-off for potentially having daffodils burst out of the ground in March is ice. Treacherous, power-killing, horrible ice. I seriously have had some practice at being a shut-in - if not for the cookie exchange yesterday, I wouldn't have left the house. When you turn on the news in the morning & see a rollover accident with five cars involved and it took place a mile from your house? That's good enough for me to keep it parked.

Anyway, this weekend was just a precursor to the TERROR that is incoming today/tomorrow. Personally, I hate the forecast? But I love the graphics. For instance, everyone uses bright pink for this slushy ice stuff. So with the way my mind thinks, we're about to be drenched in Pepto-Bismol.
peptoice

Then we have this ominous line of storms (not pink) heading our way....(I added the panic wording)

icestorm

And all of it sort of reminded me of this movie:

DesktopJaws

I could hear the duh-dun, duh-dun music just looking at the radar. I'm surprised nobody's gotten on TV and told me to wear my bicycle helmet while driving, just for that extra layer of protection if my side-curtain airbags don't deploy. I'll admit, though, I get swept up in it all. I fight the urge to rush to the grocery store, just because....because it could be inaccessible in a day. And I shudder to think about our power going out. (Seriously, if that happens, we are going to have to re-think the no-dogs-in-bed rule.) However, on a positive note, we are set for crafting. There is no yarn shortage at my house, and I will knit until my fingers are blue! Oh, and cookies. We're in good shape on the cookie stock. If I could just have a guarantee that the power would stay on, and nothing would blow up at work, I'd say, "C'mon Pepto Storm, Bring IT."

Labels:

posted by PlazaJen, 2:34 PM
|