PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Puzzle Is Jenga.

I am working on an outdoor/billboard campaign for a client, and I'm working with two vendors & two time frames. I am slowly, sometimes rapidly, going insane. I told one of my reps today that it's the equivalent of playing Jenga over and over and over, but every time you take out one single block, the whole damn thing falls down. And when I get input from one vendor, it changes what I need from the other, and honestly, this is the kind of stuff I love, the mental juggling and whatnot, but this has been pretty extreme, and I've had a bunch of OTHER stuff to do in the same amount of time. Plus I'm getting a crown on my tooth tomorrow, and I have The Anxiety.

So, I've had all these awesome things I wanted to blog about, and then I forget them. Poof, right out of my head, leaving a dark hole of memory, like a brick out of a Jenga tower. I appreciate you checking in on me, but I also realize my blog's been about as fun as watching paint dry of late. I have knitting pictures to share, I have foodie pics to share, I still have stuff to SAY! And shout! I did get my invitation to Ravelry, and I immediately snatched it up like fresh sock yarn and clutched it to my chest with great gusto. Then this afternoon, I got invited to the De-stash blog, and so I can only conclude the stars are aligning for me. Which is nice, because if I were going to write myself a retrospective horoscope, I would say, "For the past year, you will have a lot of suckage and unsolvable puzzles and big hard emotional blocks to work with, and they will collapse around you like a Jenga tower, sometimes multiple times a day. The Jenga will sometimes be impossible to balance and you must learn to accept this futility even as you never fully stop trying to solve the puzzle."

Labels: , ,

posted by PlazaJen, 4:15 PM
|