PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Turning Whine into Wine

Whenever I think about what I could blog about lately, it all feels like a gigantic WHINE. I'm still coughing from this crap drizzling down the back of my throat, I'm still kvetching through post-dad-death stuff, my computer at work is selectively deciding what it WILL and WON'T do for me, and then throughout it all, there's crazy non-stop knitting. I suppose if I got a little more motivation (and wasn't dragging-ass tired every night from coughing/lack of sleep/more coughing/bitching/kvetching and whining) I could take some pictures and show that indeed, I continue to progress on the Bayerische socks, that in the time I've done 16 rows (on each sock - always always do I knit socks two at a time), I've started & finished a pair of socks out of Tiny Toes yarn, procured last fall on the Wedding Trip across Iowa. I've also made one baby item, with another one needing to be finished, for the lovely new bambino Sammy. But you can't have pictures of that until they've been gifted!

As far as the Anger Management tour goes (that's how I think of it in my head) - I've had some serious rage-aholic times the past few months, and I'm trying to stop myself when it feels like my head is going to explode right off my body in a Monty-Python-esque skit. I was challenged the other day at lunch, when our waitress disappeared and never refilled my drink or really, brought the check until she finally noticed the laser beams shooting out of my eyes. I almost had to use those laser beams on the jackasses sitting near us who had their phones on "high ring" and kept getting calls all through lunch. And then the jackass (same lunch hour) that cut me off in traffic and proceeded to slow down/speed up and basically make me crazy as we went for a Starbucks.
Like I said, it's getting better, but I still have some challenging days, when I want to rip off the offender's hands and beat them with them, violate their corpse and RUIN YOU! AH AH AH! (this is a reference to the SNL Barry Gibb Talk Show skit. I find it helps to channel Jimmy Fallon in times of extreme rage.)

In other news, hopefully more interesting than me being a big fat raging whiner, JWo has begun full-on garden preparation. He is going to plant seeds tonight, and has all sorts of little plants growing in our breezeway under the grow lights. I do get a thrill seeing the tomato plants, because they signify that great moment in time when we can abandon grocery-store produce, for even the cherry or grape tomatoes this time of year are sadly lacking that tart-sweet acidity and full flavor that only comes from the garden.

Oh, and I discovered this weekend my neice makes picklesicles. She actually takes pickle juice & freezes it in a popsicle mold. A quick Google of this shows she is not alone. None of us are, no matter how much we think we are, sometimes!!!
posted by PlazaJen, 12:35 PM
|