PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cough Syrup + Hydrocodone = Whoa.

So, after one full week of the meds my doctor gave me, absolutely nothing had changed. I called, and they responded quickly, phoning in what now appears to be a turbo-strength antibiotic and the heavy-duty cough syrup product (complete with its own syringe for dosing!) I was optimistic, but woke again at midnight, coughing. So I took another dose of the cough syrup. And today I feel like an elephant fighting off the fourteen tranquilizer darts that have pierced my hide. I was listening to Allison Krauss on my iTunes and that wasn't helping, so I've switched over to some pop/dance and we'll see if I can make it through the day. Holy Toledo. I think my body and brain are all "Hey, YO we just got 7 hours of sleep and we need MORE. NOW." Speaking & forming sentences feels like a ginormous challenge.

My apologies for not having more to write about, but I'm in a total stupor. I've warned those around me I might need to lie down on the floor. And? I have a haircut at lunch today? Given how the hair dryer always makes me super sleepy on my good days, it's going to be a real struggle to not pass out. Hopefully I'll make it through the day without drooling on myself.
posted by PlazaJen, 9:30 AM
|