PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Justice is Blind

I wasn't even required to show up for jury duty! YAHOO! If Lady Justice (and her exposed boobage) could have seen me dancing last night, she probably would have penalized me and made me show up, just to spite me. Good thing she's blind! Now I can attend all my meetings instead of quietly freaking out in my control-freakish way.

Random quotes from the weekend -
"If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it," uttered by nobody other than Betty White in the very very dreadful movie Lake Placid. We were too lazy to change channels (sometimes that remote, it's just so burdensome) and the box was tuned to AMC movies. They bleeped both words ending in "ck" but we still got the gist. Golden AND spunky!

"You're not exactly open casket material yourself" - I believe this was on Sunday's Simpsons.

"Jennifer, your phone just did the Humpty Dance." - Kristin's husband, Justin.

Yes, I admit it. I switched from Justin Timberlake (Sexy Back) to some old school. The Humpty Dance! Do your dance! Do the Hump! Making a decision about a ringtone is enormous for me. It's that it's SO frivolous, and stupid, and yet, still important all at the same time. It harkens back to the days when we'd elaborately construct our answering machine messages, and I'd stand over the machine, timing my words around various songs ("Havin' a Heat Wave" in the middle of Minnesota winter was one of my finer accomplishments. That and "Day-O".) I just want my ring tone to reflect me/my tastes/something more than a Casio-keyboard ditty, which is all my phone seems to have. And because they're $2 apiece, I have to agonize over every single one that might remotely be the "right one". I've had "No Phone" by Cake, "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode, "Hung Up" (Madonna), "Fly Away" (Lenny Kravitz) as the more notable tones over the years; the problem is when you get a new phone, the tones disappeared. So it all becomes a cost equation that means I only get a new ringtone like, 3x per year. Maybe I am so scroogy about it because that's like, not even one skein of Noro. Now, if I could convert this song to a ringtone, we'd have the perfect solution: Knitta PLEASE! Old school AND knitting. Just. Like. Me.

Labels:

posted by PlazaJen, 11:13 AM
|