PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm not stopping. wwwwwervvpp.

I've been up since 5 a.m. Bleah. Who likes getting up early? There are you crazy kooks, I know, and yes, my husband is not only able to get up early, he gets wherever he's going at least 10 minutes early. Oy. The Overachieving. But I woke up this morning, and the voices in my brain started up, much like the birds in the backyard, who are SO confused with the daylight savings times, they are just up! and chirping! and talking! and having an avian hootenanny complete with coffee and fresh biscuits. And the voices were NOT at all interested in going back to sleep. So we all got up and despite my best attempts to engage in all activities that result in me being late, like playing on the computer for half an hour, I still got to work at 8 a.m. Including time for a Chik-Fil-A breakfast biscuit stop. (The birds have theirs, I wanted one too!) The grass has not grown under my feet since. I have gotten all Jedi-Knight about things and I am wwwwwwervvvpping (that's the sound the light saber makes) and blazing and while I'm not cutting anybody's legs off, I am Gettin! Stuffs! Done! Both of my co-workers accused me of sucking their own personal fire out of them and appropriating it for myself.

I could be over-compensating for the fact that my whole post-dad estate situation is essentially out of my hands, and I'm making sure that the things I CAN control? Are about as deftly handled and resolved like a Jujitsu sensei. Yeah, I'm now mixing asian martial arts with Star Wars. What I really want to do is handle one of those big fighting stick thingies like Uma Thurman had in Kill Bill (I & II). (whaaawhawhaawhaaaa is the sound those things make.)

You have no idea how much I could accomplish.
(Laughter, for one thing. Riotous, pant-wetting laughter from all around.)
posted by PlazaJen, 2:34 PM
|