PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, November 27, 2006

Kickin' Donkey A$$....

So, we went to the Chiefs game on Thanksgiving night, and it was CAH-RAY-ZHAY. Throngs upong throngs of insane drunken Chiefs fans, and the sporadic Denver fan every so often. We wisely took the bus, which meant not only an assertive drive into the stadium area, but also that we wouldn't be stuck parking out in lot "N", which I told JWo stood for "Nowhere Fuckin' NEAR the Stadium".....

Chiefs entering Arrowhead:



We didn't know our seats would be next to one of the biggest superfans you could ever ask to know: Bill. To say Bill is an enthusiastic Chiefs fan is like saying, "Yeah, butter's..... ok on fresh warm bread from the oven...." Bill is a screaming, bellowing dynamo of a fan. Which we quickly learned. Bill believes in high-fives. After every. Single. Play. that can be interepreted as good for KC. Every Play. The rotund white people that we are, clueless and gosh, golly, just darned excited to be here, it took us a few rounds of oh, yeah, um, HEY! Slap! to pick up on the fact this high-fiving had no end. I insisted we get a picture. He was hilarious, and nice as pie. And did I mention, enthusiastic?



The halftime show - yes, we had a SHOW! - was John Fogarty, and he played a medley. It was kind of funny to watch all the activity of getting everything set up on the field, like our own little mini-Super Bowl. Complete with pyrotechnics!





And, in case you didn't know, I'm not especially tall. So I had to laugh when I saw the title JWo gave this pic: JenIsShort. (But, I'm also enthusiastic!!!! Not quite as much as Bill, but still. I had a hand-knit, hand-felted hat! More on that pattern to come.....) Of course, because it was so unseasonably warm, I could only wear the hat in spurts. But I spent way more time on my tiptoes, cheering, than sitting.... and we won! HIGH FIVES!

posted by PlazaJen, 1:31 PM
|