PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Breaking News: I'm Weird!

Miss Julie tagged me for this meme.....of course it's going to be a challenge to narrow down the list to just FIVE things, but hey, I'm willing to try.

The Guidelines: List 5 weird things about yourself or your pets. Tag 5 friends and list them. Then, those people need to write on their blogs about 5 weird things, and state the rules, and tag 5 more people. Don't forget to let the people you tag know by posting a comment on their blog!

1. I enjoy eating bouillon cubes. Straight up. I gnaw at them like a tiny salt lick. Before you freak out, I don't eat them every day. And, they have to be fresh/super dry. This is one of those weirdo-beardo things you did as a kid, and every so often have to revel in.

2. Here's something weird-ish about Polly: she spazzes out if she has water on her head. Not like if she's been swimming, but out in the rain or something. Once she's back inside, she gets on her pillow and rubs her head all over the place, eventually drying off her whole back that way. It's hilarious to watch.

3. If something gets broken, or no longer works, or has something wrong with it, I have to either fix it immediately (see: Murano, rear wiper!), order a replacement, or throw it away and try to purge it from my memory. It honestly feels like the balance of the universe is off to simply do nothing. It flips me out just thinking about making that choice.

4. I looooove ketchup on my scrambled eggs. My dad taught me to eat 'em that way. Mm. I may have just answered the breakfast question right there.

5. When I'm outside, I see most of nature & landscapes as potential compositions. This is a result of the umpteen hours spent as a studio art major, picking the spot where you wanted to sketch. Maybe why now I like snapping pictures - it's much faster for me. It's hard to explain it, because obviously not everything is sketch-worthy, but when I am at that point and I see it, where a group of tree trunks create interesting negative space, or the lines of the earth meet the sky, I feel the "click" inside, that says, "this is where you should take a picture, or draw this." I miss the leisurely days where I could spend 4 hours painting on a sheet of Plexiglas to make one monoprint, you wouldn't even know what you were ending up with until that wonderful hold-your-breath moment, when the paper pulled away from the plate.

Ok, tag, you're it! Kristin, Kyra, Bekah, Shanny, and Laura, who most recently posted about weird dreams, so I know she can do this meme. ;) Y'all feel free to steal it & tag away!

Happy weekend!
posted by PlazaJen, 8:59 AM
|