PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

With A Little Gin, It Might Be OK.

I'm having a rotten day! Except for lunch. Lunch was delightful, except for the crying, but that passed quickly. Kristin & I went to the New York Deli, and the men behind the counter treated us like princesses. Sometimes I think it's in part because I'm wearing my Liza Minelli CruiseWear tunic top and it shows a lot of cleavage. All of that aside, I had the best corned beef ever, and a macaroon. So that was nice. But it's been a devil of a day, and I've got a candle burning, just to sortof offset the noxious toxic fumes that are seeping down into our offices from the remodeling going on upstairs, it's mostly the heady smell of glue that has us all slightly nauseous and headachey. And our roof is leaking, so I think somebody made a boo-boo.

In my dazed state, I keep correcting myself as I reach for my water, because my candle's sitting on my coaster, and I can just see myself trying to drink hot wax and figuring it out a split-second too late. (Yeah, just like the Murano-backing-up episode.)

I suppose if I had gin in my mouth, I'd set myself on fire, though. At least I'd get to go home, where it doesn't smell like glue and there aren't buckets on the floor. I swear. Liza Minelli never had to work under these conditions.
posted by PlazaJen, 3:15 PM
|