PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tuesday Night's Alright For Fighting

Oddly enough, I believe our conversation started as we were watching the news & the coverage of the Hispanic protestors on the telly. Suddenly JWo was singing, and I did not, for the life of me, recognize the song. Here are the lyrics he was singing:

"And there’s a word in spanish I don’t understand
But I heard it in a film one time spoken by the leading man
He said it with devotion, he sounded so sincere"

Now, keep in mind, there was a lot of EMOTION in the singing. And big hand movements. So all I could really focus on was how funny it was. And because I refused to recognize this song, we had to go upstairs & get on the computers and listen to the snippet & prove that, indeed, my husband knows his Elton John backwards & forwards, and I have, at some point, heard this ballad.

JWo: "It came out in 1988. Whoa. You were on Social Security then."

"Oh shove it. (I'm THREE years older than JWo.) I was listening to COOL music, like Scritti Politti and Flock of Seagulls. I didn't have time for pop."

JWo: "I'm getting into Elton John now, just to spite you."

"I'm just saying, he's pretty GAY."

JWo: "He's not gay, he's just a snappy dresser!"

"HE MARRIED ANOTHER MAN! That makes him GAY!"

JWo: "Hey!"

"You are so gonna see this conversation blogged."

JWo: "HEY!"
posted by PlazaJen, 9:27 AM
|