PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Friday, January 27, 2006

Yes, I Speak Surreal

I am having the craziest, up-down, nutty day. INSANE. First of all, the work, it is like seven softball pitching machines lined up & have a never-ending supply of balls & are pelting me as I race back and forth.

Second, Kristin tried to bring our waiter home from lunch today. Yes, he was very cute. But the rest of just ADMIRED him. Kristin? Asked him if he'd like to come home with us. It's why I love her.

Third, it's as if we're all doing stand-up today. My boss Jim, Kristin, me, the new girl - she knows a lot about stripclubs - it's just hilarious and exhausting and then hilarious all over again. We had lunch with one of the funniest people I know, my rep Joe, and I adore him. He does the best gay Cuban voice ever.

I won $50 this morning, because Max (of Max, Tanna & Moffett, the morning show on KYYS), called me at work yesterday & said they'd be saying my name on the radio & I should listen, and then call in. Well, duh, you don't have to tell me twice. I've got a price. He even told me the time they'd be doing it. SWEET! Unfortunately, as I am wont to do, I was rather unaware of him and his fame and Kansas City Icon Status. So I just shot him shit the entire time on the phone: "Hi Jennifer, how are you?" "STRANGE, MAX. I am feeling STRANGE today!" because I get tired of the same ordinary conversations, so I was mixin' it up. He was not quite sure what to make of me, and probably a little weary of being whored out to call media directors & buyers in the city to buy their love & listenership, if only for an hour. Whatever. Fifty Dolla make me holla. And, I made him laugh.

So the insanity continues: I have to work this weekend; one of my good friend's mother passed away last night - I'm so sad for her, I had to get it together at my desk, because she's also an only child & I suddenly saw her kindergarten-age daughter & my heart ached for her; I'm having fun at my job; we're getting things done, we're torturing people (legally) -- it's like getting the good, the bad, the highs, the lows, the extreme hilarity, the extreme sadness - all in an encapsulated, concentrated timeframe. But I tell you what. When life gives you a lemon? BITE IT. Just bite it. Throw in a sugar cube. Add 151 rum & a shot of vodka & you hit all the softballs out of the park.

Right now, I feel extremely alive. And as though I could begin to start speaking in tongues - any minute.
posted by PlazaJen, 2:39 PM
|