PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, January 23, 2006

Angry Eyes: ON!

Sales Rep calls. "Hello. BLAH BLAH BLAH Would you like to also buy an Olympic package?"

"No."

"OK. Well, I can't believe I did this, but I can't find the rates I submitted to you for this last buy? Would you find them & fax them back to me so I can input your order you sent?"

-Hair begins to stand on end.-

"What?"

"I mean, I can't believe I gave you Fear Factor at that rate."

"Is it going to clear?"

"I don't know, I haven't input it yet. I just can't find the rates I sent you. So could you send them back to me?"

"Let me get this straight: you can't find your rates, so I need to look for them, so you can CHECK MY WORK? And you don't even know yet if it will CLEAR?"

"Well....I mean, I just don't know about the rate on that Fear Factor."

"Listen. If the spot clears, it clears. If it kicks out, then I'll move the money to another station. How's that?"

"Well...."

"Because looking for your rates & sending them back to you so you can see if my rates are going to work before you even enter the order is not going to be a top priority for me today."

Big pause.

"Yeah. Nevermind doing that."

HARRUMPH! I am NOT one of those old-school bitchy buyers. I am laid-back, friendly, and generally speaking, not a hard-ass when it comes to working with reps. And if you're not in this business, the above conversation might sound harsh - but seriously, don't call me until you've input the order & things are getting kicked back out. Call with solutions. You make commission - I don't!

I've had my angry eyes at the ready all weekend & apparently, they're locked in and loaded for bear. As JWo said this morning, "You need to go eat something so your angry eyes come off."

HARRUMPH! I need a cheeseburger.
posted by PlazaJen, 9:53 AM
|