PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy Crap-Your-Pants Monday....

Yeah, it would be nice if I did a love-thy-brother kind of blog today, in honor of Dr. King, but instead, I have to rant about the dumbshit in the Ford F-250 who almost broadsided me on Ward Parkway this morning. I could not believe my eyes, and my little mosquito-whining horn & I were in shrill agreement as I screamed, performed evasive maneuvers & saw my entire front quarterpanel narrowly miss being rammed by his big green stupidness.

Ward Parkway is three lanes wide. I was in the middle lane (with a big black SUV on my left, so I had very little room to swerve). Mr.FuckNut 250 was at a stop sign & turned right into the left lane - but see, you can do that pull-into-traffic alongside oncoming cars if you're a BMW Mini. A Ford Contour. Even a Passat. But when you have the length & size of a big pickup truck, you can't make that turn without crossing another lane. Which FN250 realized, as he saw my "O" face screaming at him & heard my little horn honking, and I could see him, wildly cranking his steering wheel as hard as possible, and between both our efforts, my car did not get hit.

A near-miss for LaFonda. A near-need change of underpantaloons for me, not to mention the years off my life. One more stupid driver to put on my list.
posted by PlazaJen, 9:43 AM
|