PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, January 09, 2006

Irrational Things

I have a feeling this could be an open-ended, ongoing blog - there are certainly more than three things that define my own peculiar brand of Crazy. It seems particularly appropriate for a Monday, so here you go. JenCrazy(tm) at its finest:

*I do not like to open those packages of dough that explode when you press a spoon along the line. I shut my eyes, turn my face, and behave as though I am opening a bottle of champagne that has been in the back of a pickup truck travelling across rutted gravel roads. Speaking of which, I also don't like opening champagne bottles.

*I do not like to open the small encapsulated pockets that contain cold medicine liquigels. I freak out if I have to tear them open, because I am certain my Herculean tearing will result in the gels bursting open and my medicine ending up sprayed, all over me. At a time when I am most likely to burst into tears from the misery and catastrophe. So, I use tiny manicure scissors to cut a "T"-shaped incision so I can free them. If I had a scalpel, I'd use that.

*I cannot stand the sound of plastic grocery bags being whipped around by wind, when you're in the car & the windows are down. Just typing this made me shudder & want to scream. Recent discovery? The film wrapping on dry cleaning sounds EXACTLY the same.

What're a couple choice oddities you possess?
posted by PlazaJen, 10:10 AM
|