PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Friday, December 16, 2005

Whirlwind

Right now, time, lists, projects, must-dos - they are just circlin' the drain. I've got a hunnert things to do, twice as many things I want to do, I have trips & appointments, time-eaters and commitments, and boy, howdy, it sure must be the holidays. I am grateful the office kitchen is on another floor, because I'm not as tempted to eat all the sugar & popcorn when it's far away! (hi, it's not about self-restraint, the fact is, I'm lazy.)

Things are good. If they weren't good, all of the above would have me huddled under my electric blanket, waiting for the undertow to take me away. 8 months later, I still like my job, I still like my bosses, I have a lot of things on the horizon that are good, and I work with one of the funniest women I know. Between the two of us, we're a media minstrel show. I told her she needed to take up the banjo, so we could really take our show on the road. (I, of course, am the soft shoe, spoken-word performance part of our nationwide tour. With jazz hands.)

Oh, and an update on Inflatables Watch 2005: Snowman has been flat on his back two nights in a row, the penguin is leaning backwards, and Santa looks drunk, as he is lurching forward at a rakish, dangerous angle. I have never viewed a yard so challenged in keeping their holiday spirit upright.

Happy Weekend. Don't sweat the small stuff. And yeah, pretty much? It's all small stuff. Except Drunken Santa. He's rather tall & looming. When he's standing up all the way.
posted by PlazaJen, 11:01 PM
|