PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Friday, December 09, 2005

The Disappearing Sound Of The Helicopter

I've officially hit the point in the holiday season where I feel like I just got dropped into the deepest, darkest jungles of 'Nam and my only source of safety and rescue is thud-thud-thud soaring away from me. I have a zillion things to do, about half a zillion more things I *want* to do, and then there's that pesky thing called "work" that requires attendance & time..... I started to list everything here but it made me hyperventilate & my chest started to tighten, and that's not acceptable behavior in the dark jungle.

One foot in front of the other, one step at a time, don't sweat the small stuff, keep on keepin' on, keep on truckin', keep hope alive, lord what a FRIEND we have in Jesus. That last one would occasionally be shouted out by the gay black man in men's suits when I worked retail (men's dress shirts & ties) right out of college. Emmett, wherever you are, I am shouting it with the same energy. While running through the holiday jungle with an AK-47 strapped to my bathrobe.
posted by PlazaJen, 7:32 AM
|