PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Six Years Ago Today

I had a first date with the man I would marry.

I thought relationships were like a puzzle, and didn't realize the pieces change and grow and I laugh now about just how much I had to learn.

Our first date lasted eight hours.

I had no idea we'd get married, but I knew I liked him and he was cute.

We had dinner at a restaurant that no longer exists.

Four years later we stood on blindingly bright Jamaican beach and then in a gazebo as the wind whipped around us and Barry White played on the CD player and we promised to love and support each other for the rest of our lives.

We had no family, friends or guests at the ceremony, and our witnesses were another couple staying at the resort.

Two years later, we're living in a house and have two dogs and a bountiful garden and wonderful friends in our lives.

It hasn't always been sunshine and roses, but we've worked hard and pushed ourselves to grow up a little bit more each time.

It's a good life.

I love you, JWo.
posted by PlazaJen, 10:30 AM
|