PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Friday, March 04, 2005

Martharitas, Anyone?

In honor of Martha Stewart's release from prison, my friend Cindy & I are going to have "Martharitas" & Mexican food for lunch today.

Raise your glass & toast our domestic diva's impending freedom!

Yes, she's a bit wonkers. And no, it's not realistic, like, how she decorates those damned cookies, or makes an entire Christmas village out of paper, balsa and boar bristles. But seeing those unrealistic things is still part of the fun, and there are some things worth doing/making/baking/crafting.

I will say that even though I think she was persecuted more because she's a woman, this whole experience has hopefully given her a greater sense of humility and an appreciation for how the "other 92%" live. When I went to see her introduce her new furniture line at NE Furniture Mart last year, I got her "Weddings" book signed, and I put my hand on her shoulder and said, "We're behind you 100%." And the look she gave me really showed the person inside, I think she was honestly grateful. She said "Thank you," and just looked really hard at me, but hard with appreciation. At least that's how I saw it. Maybe I was just drunk on being in her atmosphere. Drunk on Martharitas!
posted by PlazaJen, 9:02 AM
|