PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

If Loving the Beastie Boys Is Wrong, I Don't Wanna Be Right......

I have to admit it. Face it, Trace it, Erase it. I have a thing for the Beastie Boys, and it's not an ordinary thing. Not like "oooooh, Marky Mark/Denzel/Usher, he SO hot." it's more like a queasy, Oh my god, I could give up my entire life to clean your apartment, and I can't even pick between the three of you so I'll clean all your apartments. (Mike D, I am afraid you'd make me live in a box under your bed, but I'll still take that chance.)
They are the Uber-Geeks who Hit the Big Time (not on the scale of Bill Gates, but please. GeekLove has its limits.) I've always had a thing for geeks. Bobby Melvin in 8th grade. Big round owlish eyeglasses, and short. Bowl haircut. He was smokin'. My ardor was, sadly, unrequited. He was probably too busy building a space shuttle replica and knew that being involved with a girl would drag his grades down. He was the sort of geek who got shoved into his locker a lot. His abuses only made me love him more. After 8th grade, he & his family moved to North Carolina.

Bobby M, you coulda been a Beastie Boy. Here's to all the Beastie Geeks who don't need model looks & societal mores to make it big & flip girls' stomachs everywhere.

I love you, Beastie Boys
posted by PlazaJen, 10:56 AM
|