PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, February 25, 2008

A Little Behind

I judge where I am in Life by how behind on my Bloglines I am. Uh, 558 unread. I got some catchin' up to do. However, the other gauge I use is Laundry, and I'm doing ok on that front!

My BFF, F-4-EVAH girl Lizzie Lou came into town on Thursday, which is why I pretty much dropped off the face of the Internet world, because there's that whole "living" thing you do. Actually, lest you conjure up images of discotheques and club-hopping, we were slugs. Super lazy, we moved at our own pace, we did lots of knitting, we got her going on a new sock project, watched bad movies, ate pizza, laughed our heads off, and generally remembered why we'd get matching tattoos, if we were the sort of girls who got matching tattoos. We also spent good times with Shelley and baby Kara, who is so flippin' cute, and enjoyed the whole true-friends thang.

I think I might have set a record for myself, though, with Fastest Socks Knit:

Fiesta Boomerang Socks

Gotta love sport-weight yarn! These flew right off the needles, and onto James' feet:
Sock Model

They'd have been done even sooner, but I didn't like the heel flap (it felt too big), so I ripped it all out and did a short-row heel instead. He loves 'em!

And I love him. And my girlfriends, and life in general. Spring is coming, I don't care if it's going to be a meat locker tomorrow!
posted by PlazaJen, 9:58 AM
|