PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Finished Objects!

So, the weekend started out a bit nutters, but I did get a bunch of knitting in. Even finished some things!
Most notably, the Mystery Stole 3. There were points along the way when I wondered if this really was going to be something I'd like at the end. Especially with the abruptness in the asymmetry - but I figured I'd already come so far, just go with the flow, don't fight it, don't rip it out, and just see what happens. I opted not to lengthen the stole, despite knowing it would probably be a wise decision for my size, however, at that point in the knitting? I couldn't take one more minute of the cat's paw lace. So I didn't, and I won't be able to wrap it around in a great flourish, but y'know what? I don't care. I think it's absolutely lovely. Exquisite, the wing is stunning, I think two wings would be gorgeous, and I'm obnoxiously proud of the piece.
I'll give you the blocking pics, and at some point, I'll get it photographed in all its blocked out glory. The problem is that my sofa is a nice dark green so it doesn't photograph well against that!

Geometrical side, blocking:
MS3 - Blocking

Wing, blocking:
MS3 - Wing, Blocking
I had to spray-dampen the wing side, so it looks like the color's uneven but it's just the water absorption doing that.
MS3 - Wing

Then, I got some socks done for JWo, out of Knit Picks Memories, in the "Fly Fishing" colorway:
IMG_1671

Waiting in the wings.... the Tulip Baby Cardigan, in a custom colorway kit from Threadbear..... soooo so sweet:
Tulip Sweater DiC Kit  from Threadbear

....and then last night, because the baby shower's today, a decorated onesie for a co-worker, who is having a girl:

IMG_1673

IMG_1672

Pretty cute, if I do say so myself! I just sort of freehand-winged this with some cotton perle and a notion in my head. If she were having a boy, note to self, we could totally go with a baseball theme, since blanket stitch kinda resembles baseball stitching.

Currently on the needles: Baby Surprise Jacket, out of Artyarns Supermerino, and the Tomato, upsized for me, in a blueberry shade of Goshen. Gotta start some more socks for me, since the Yarn Harlot trip is in a couple weeks, and I need to take a sock to visit her!

Labels:

posted by PlazaJen, 10:33 AM
|