PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, January 08, 2007

The Eyes Have It

OK, I'll get to my eyes in a minute, but right now my dog is lunging after some sort of flying bug that is in the computer room/attic with us, and it's very distracting. I'm assuming she learned this behavior from Suzy, who is known throughout the midwest for her bug-gettin' skeelz. I have no idea if she got it at this point. She had it, let it go, and then got it again. I swear, she has half a cat in her.
OK! Back to the regular blogging!

I had my big Lasik eye exam today and yes, I am an excellent candidate for the procedure. It still kinda freaks me out, and it's not exactly cheap, but then really, do you want to go into the 7-11 for a Slurpee and some quick Lasik with the Extra Taquitos Post-Op package? PRObably not. They dilated my eyes, and I was rather panicked afterwards when they told me they no longer had the undilating/reversing drops. Just my frickin' luck. Apparently the company who makes it is in some sort of patent feud with another company and they aren't making it right now, which means I got to drive home doing my own impersonation of The Fly. Look! There's ELEVENTY lanes to drive on and they're all shining bright with the evil, evil light. Even now, some 5-6 hours later, my eyes are still sensitive and my monitor is confusing me - is it heaven? Go to the light! Oh, never mind, it's just the bright white of Blogger.
(See? Still dilated:)


Meanwhile, I am cranking on my friend Roger's Xmas socks. They are AWEsome. I will put up a picture, along with the mermaid socks I finished last week. Patterned socks (anything beyond our friend Le Rib) take me a lot longer to do, and I was surprised at how fast I tore through his socks. It helps that I have about three projects' worth of yarn screaming at me to hurry up.

I must end this entry, because Polly has gas and we are in a confined space. Between my eyes and my nose, my body is going to start shutting down in about three....two....one.......
posted by PlazaJen, 10:09 PM
|