PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Friday, November 11, 2005

Random Orts....

OK, I have today off. BLESS IT. It was that or I was going to rip a couple people's heads off and take them bowling. Not necessarily in that order, but have no doubt, heads were gonna roll. My boss actually called me an "ass clown"* yesterday to finally break through my angry swearing banter, and it CHEERED ME UP. How many jobs do you get to say THAT in, I ask you????

(*I kid you not, he said, "ass clown": that's a sign of a motherfuckin' good boss, too. He even said it was a good idea, when I stated I was gonna kick a certain individual's ass. Said, "It needs to happen." I know I can't actually go and do it, but the shared sentiment goes a looooong way.)

So today, I give you a smattering of things that made me laugh this week.

-----------------------------------------

From one of my favoritest shows on TV right now, "My Name Is Earl":
"Some people were born to be super pretty, some people were born to be knife throwers."

-----------------------------------------

JWo threw out the smartass question, "What rhymes with purple?"
My snappy comeback? "Orange."

-----------------------------------------

Did you know I'm the Gadget Queen? I love me the gadgets. LOVE them. I always want something new. So I see a T-Mobile commercial (and we're T-Mobile customers), and I state, "I NEED a Sidekick."

JWo, doesn't even look up: "POLLY'S your sidekick!"

-----------------------------------------

JWo: "Don't you have book club tonight?"
Me (exasperated): "NO James, it's not every week! It's every 5-6 weeks."
JWo: "Well. The Evelyn Woods Book Club meets every two days."

-----------------------------------------

So, on the calendar for today: this morning, meet with a woman who cleans houses, and determine if she has the fortitude, strength & dedication to take our house on. It is not dissimilar to becoming a Green Beret, in my opinion. I will be shouting at her like a drill sergeant to see if she flinches. Then I get my hair cut, and I'm currently plotting lunch plans right now. I may take a page from Miss Bekah, and have me some adult beverages tonight! It's that or run around the neighborhood, shrieking like a howler monkey to burn off some steam. Maybe I'll do both.... Happy Friday, everyone!
posted by PlazaJen, 7:23 AM
|