PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, November 07, 2005

Hi, Um, Mother Nature?

I just thought I should point out that it's NOVEMBER. November the Seventh. As in, the month before Christmas. NO-VEM-BER. Let's focus on the last syllable, "BER" or, as it often is around this time of year, "BRRRR".

It is 70 degrees outside. I had to put the air conditioning on IN MY CAR after our big presentation today. WTF?!?!

Now, understand this, what with the "natural gas crisis" and the fact I spent $200 on electric blankets this weekend, I'm not in any big hurry to crank up the furnace. BUT. Seriously. The a/c? Someone's snoozing on the job. Or, as my crazy brain would think as a young girl, "Ceres is able to keep Persephone with her longer right now" and only the Greek Mythology nerds out there will nod their heads.

And? The presentation went well. Even if we don't get the business, I am reminded of two Very Important Things: I like the people I work with immensely, and I am respected for what I think and do. And my big boss bought me a margarita at lunch and I need to go to sleep now.
posted by PlazaJen, 2:58 PM
|