PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, October 31, 2005

Best Costumes....

Happy Halloween!
I've always liked Halloween a lot, more so as an adult, since we really didn't do a lot of trick-or-treating when I was little. I've gotten maniacal at times, carving elaborate pumpkins, and working up clever costumes. Some of my favorites include:

Wearing a wig, bathrobe, slippers, and carrying a martini glass. When people asked what I was supposed to be, I shrieked, "I'M YOUR MOTHAH! YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE YOUR OWN MOTHAH???" This costume came to be during the Great Halloween Blizzard in Minneapolis, since the weather hit with 36 inches of snow in a day & a half, and our shopping areas were rather limited.

Wearing a brown corduroy jacket, looking prim & proper, carrying a small basket with a tea towel in it. Again, the response to what I was supposed to be? "I'm Martha Stewart, and I'm better than you."

All black, black feather boa, sign around my neck with "Nevermore" (and in tiny print, "You can quote me on that".) That was when I first moved to Kansas City and was living in temporary housing without all my crafting supplies at hand. Hey, it was literary.

Then, the best costume I've done - I've done it twice, in fact. I won a contest in Minneapolis with the first one, and I won a $500 contest here in KC with the second one. I threw the costume out when I left the last job, since I was going IN A HURRY, and I have the knowledge that yes, I can make it again & again & it's always a winner. Even though I am loyal to Colgate, this brand works better:

Mixed Messages
On the back, I did have the instructions, including "Squeeze from the bottom up". Heh. I also think it's a bit of a mixed message, to hand out candy while representing good oral hygiene. However, my dentist would be very proud.

You only floss the teeth you want to keep! Remember that after you swipe all the good chocolate tonight! :)
posted by PlazaJen, 7:20 AM
|