PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hustle & Flow

OK, so they put these new automatic flushers on the toilets at work. I'm not sure what the point is, except I guess to eliminate the chance that someone is behaving like they're 8, and not flushing after they use the facilities.

But here's the deal: right before the automatic flush occurs? The thingy makes a sound. It makes a sound not unlike a baby raptor, from Jurassic Park. Which is arguably a little disconcerting, given that one is seated an in a semi-vulnerable state of undress; if for some reason you are using the bathroom as a personal 5-minute escape from stress, it is actually alarming. I seriously expected to turn around and see a green head with a mouth full of fangs coming out of the wall. FABulous, dahling! Good thing my pants are off already, otherwise I might have shat them.

Now, yesterday, I don't know what the deal was, but the flusher just started Cah-RAWH! flushing. And Cah-RAWH! flushing. And Cah-RAWH! flushing. Any notion I had that this was a way to conserve water was gone. It was not unlike when the waiter tries to take your plate away, but you're not quite done eating? Hey? hey? hey? Not so fast, Mister! Usually I just stab the waiter with my fork, but this was different. I had no fork, and the baby raptors were squawking, repeatedly. The last bastion of peace & quiet has been eliminated, and I hustled out of there.
posted by PlazaJen, 7:08 AM
|