PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Do You Know The Muffin Man?

Yesterday morning, I got up early & made a double batch of banana chocolate chip muffins. 12 muffins, and 5 mini-loaves. Mmm-hm! Even as I was making the batter, I was skeptical of the recipe - it seemed to thick. And, sadly, it was. Too much flour, and I'll never use that recipe again. They were a little more like biscuits. I had one muffin, and JWo had one & a half mini loaves. We joked that they were probably "dog treats".

Oh, how true it is when you have a black lab in the home....

Yesterday afternoon, a certain Miss Polly Purebred snuck off from the computer room, and ate ALL BUT FOUR MUFFINS. That means she had 7 muffins, and 3 & 1/2 mini loaves of bread. Like, over 3 cups of flour, some eggs, almost a bag of chocolate chips, a cup of sugar - hey! It's not exactly the BARK diet, but it was homemade! James saw her skulking back in, and thought, "oh, noooooo...." and the fact that she wasn't keyed-up dancing and asking for dinner. Turns out, she'd helped herself to a li'l dinner, right off the kitchen counter. That dog loves to stand up like a freakin' kangaroo, and she's not afraid to exploit her skills to serve her better! James was worried the chocolate would affect her badly, and I said, "Oh, hell, Ashley's dogs have eaten entire bags of Hershey's chocolates & been fine."

The baking plans I have for this weekend? Will be CLOSELY MONITORED. I'm not planning on making any more DOG TREATS. Y'hear that, Miss P?
posted by PlazaJen, 7:15 AM
|