PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Sunday, September 04, 2005

I'm Speshal

OK, I got a little loopy at knit night last week. There was a point in time when Abbey and I were laughing so hard, I was doubled over, crying. But you know how it is when you hit the wall? Well, I hit the wall. Beth & I had carpooled out to the Hinterlands (a.k.a. "Olathe"), and I was ready to go. So I was standing up, and everyone was still talking, and I was speaking in my "speshal" voice, which is reminiscent of Sylvester the Cat, because I was still feeling goofy, even if I was tired. I also had my purse & knitting bag on my head. Straps over my forehead, bags hanging at the back. It seemed perfectly normal to me - and then Abbey looked up at me and said, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" And I explained that my people in my tribe often carry their bags on their heads when they are tired of carrying them in their hands. My people do! I told Beth to get a move on or I was gonna put a plate in my lip for the drive home. Amid all the laughter, I believe I also discussed my special shoes. (Not really, but come on, any footwear I'm wearing is, by definition, "special". And my spluttering special silly voice lends itself to question whether I'm completely mentally competent.) And just in case you thought I was SuperVain about having my own tribe, I put it out there for ridicule: me with my purse on my head. I'm not proud. Just silly. And don't forget speshal.


posted by PlazaJen, 8:50 AM
|