PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Thing About Book Club

Is that you gotta read a book. (I know! WTF?!) I tried this past month, and just could not get into it. (American Woman, by Susan Choi. Good luck.) So I emailed two of my book club members about my predicament and they both encouraged me to attend book club, for the social aspect 'n' all. I did, it was quite enjoyable, I mean good god, Phyllis brought triple cream brie with rosemary crackers & there was a profuse quantity of lemon bars. Best of all - GET THIS - the majority of the attendees did NOT read the book! And here I was feeling all high-school-dropout about it. I'm psyched about the next book, "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt. I wish I could knit & read at the same time, but I just can't. CAN'T equals WON'T don't you know? I love the remnants of self-help books that never quite leave you.

And now I've violated the first rule of Book Club. You know what the first rule of Book Club is, right? I can't say any more. Edward Norton is lurking.
posted by PlazaJen, 7:28 AM
|