PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Friday, August 12, 2005

NEVER FOLD.



You got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run

Hey Kenny: NEVER FOLD. This would be the governing poker advice of my dear friend, Shelley, a.k.a. "The Dawgg." In case you're ever playing poker with her, you should know one thing: The Dawgg Never Folds. Of course, she's never played for money, so her philosophy is: play every hand as though you have aces! Not really the secret theory behind World Tournament winners, but it's made for a fun catch line now: Hey, Never Fold! While the philosophy definitely has gusto, I'm thinking it might be a ::teensy bit:: flawed.
(as an aside, I think a portrait of The Dawgg Playing Poker might be a good one to put over the fireplace. On velvet, of course.)
So even though it may not mean it's a guaranteed winner, I still love it. It reminds me of my inner determination, sometimes to the point of hurting myself, with an inability to let go, or fold, in the face of unbeatable odds. Specifically, how I cannot let go of certain things, like injustice, or bad managers, or people who lie, or drive badly, or treat people like they're so much better than them when they're really not.
So when it's time to fight against those things? I'm all in. ALL IN, BABY.
posted by PlazaJen, 7:22 AM
|