PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, January 24, 2005

Message of the Day

On one of our systems, we get a "Message of the Day" when you first logon. I don't know if it's something created here, most likely it is part of the program & it has a ton of these - and gets updated all the time, because I've never seen the same one twice. I think most people ignore it & move on into the program - but not me. Sometimes they're Mae West quotes, and I love her! Todays message? Kinda scary, in a sci-fi sorta way. And you can apply it to your government, your workplace - it's downright scary in its universality.

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." - Doctor Who, "Face of Evil"

I need some coffee, and that is not a fact to be messed with.
posted by PlazaJen, 8:51 AM
|