PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Knitterwocky

.....with great thanks & apologies to Lewis Carroll, and his “Walrus and the Carpenter” poem.


"KnitterWocky"

The time has come," the Husband said,
"To talk of many things:
Of yarn--in skeins--and pattern books--
Of needles and stitch rings--
And why that bit has got a knot--
And where to stash these strings."

"But wait a bit," the Knitter cried,
"Before we have our chat;
Even if we‘re truly out of room,
I never tried to tat!"
"No hurry!" said her husband.
She thanked him much for that.

"An online auction," the Hubby said,
"Is what we chiefly need:
Knitters and Bidders everywhere
Are very good indeed--
Now if you're ready, my Knitting dear,
We can begin to weed."

"But not my yarn!" the Knitter cried,
Turning a little green."
After all the shopping I‘ve gone through,
That would be very mean!"
“These yarns are fine,” the Husband said.
“You‘ll never knit these, too!”

“But this one’s wool! and these are silk!”
The Knitter began to wail.
“I simply cannot let them go!”
Her husband shook his head.
“I give up!” he laughed, and with a sigh,
Made his way to bed.

And so her stashing style grew more,
Hiding bags and such,
It’s Noro, it was all on sale!
Can you really have too much?
An AbFab kit, in creamy pinks,
“It called to me,” she said.

Her Mission, it did truly seem,
was simple in its scheme
To buy up all the yarn she saw
And knit it in her dreams....


I wrote this for our Guild Newsletter, May, 2004. Yeah, that's a copyright statement, I do believe. Steal without crediting me and YE SHALL SUFFER. Unholy boils & blisters, not to mention all your yarn will be KNOTTED and TANGLED. On that note, have a spectacular day!

posted by PlazaJen, 7:54 AM
|