PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Knitty Day!

So, last night I finished the Chiefs Squiggle scarf. It's fun! It's a bit wider than I typically make my fun scarves, but it should narrow up a bit from the weight of it when worn. Picture to follow.
Started a poncho, as it is mandatory for everyone who knows how to knit or crochet in this country to be knitting a poncho. I would hate for the Poncho Police to show up and discover I'd only purchased yarn & looked at patterns, nothing on the needles sir, can you give me a warning this time? The obligatory poncho is two strands of yarn - a raspberry-browns-pinks mohair with fuchsia Brown Sheep wool. I am using a couple of freebie net patterns as inspiration, and making my own up as I go along. First major change was to knit back & forth before joining in the round - I detest things tight on my neck, so hopefully a ribbed collar of sorts will give me the coverage, yet not restricting. It's also a simple YO K2tog for one row, knit the second row, open lacey pattern. Increases every other row at the front point & the back point. It will get interesting when it hits about wrist length, because I'm pondering putting slits in for my hands! We'll see. Not time to worry about that!
I have done nothing but knit & do paper crafts - I cut out ghosts for Halloween cards & leaves for decoration from the Paper Source shopping spree yesterday at lunch. Actually, it wasn't much of a spree, given how much I've blown in the same amount of time there on previous visits! But cutting out the details with my super sharp scissors eventually was too much for my right hand - I played the Evil Zuma until late last night, and I think I'm overexerting it.

In the meantime, here's a fun quiz - I was so intrigued to find out what yarn I'd be...... and then had to laugh. Could it have come out any differently?
You are Cashmere.
You are Cashmere.
You are sophisticated and luxe. You can often be
found in high-end boutiques and hobnobbing with
the upper crust. You are one of the beautiful
people and you don't let anyone forget it!


What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

As for Polly? She's already pulled one of the monster's horns off his nose. Poor monster. Polly loves him though.
posted by PlazaJen, 4:12 PM
|