PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

O-bi-wan-some-noxiousness?

I have been a little roller-coaster-ey today. Up, down. Up, down. High-pitched screams, sullen focused silence. In general, though, I'm in a good mood. We got all the presents wrapped and sorted and bagged up last night, and we also figured out our plans for holidays with his grandparents, along with a separate get-together with Momma Linda. Such contentment comes from planning in my world. Me? I do not enjoy the nebulous!

Work's a bit wonkers. I'm still planning to take the days between Christmas & New Year's off, but I'm also prepared to check my email regularly and come in if needed. But not the morning of the 26th. That's the Highest of High Holy Shopping Days in my book, as evidenced by all the presents the Wo wrapped last night, purchased last year & stowed away in a plastic storage lug. It's such a great (and bargain) way to get our nieces the fun tchotchkes that are the co-ordinated bags of glitter and barrettes and bath stuffs. I love a deal!

James sent me the eBay auction for postcards mailed from a small village in Poland - freakin' hysterical. I love that sense of humor! And then my husband demonstrated his humor by sending me a link to a local craigslist ad, threatening to exchange my present for the item in the ad, which was a miniature stallion. Sure, because the dogs don't have enough toys, let's BUY THEM A MINIATURE PONY.

I also did something super-crafty for the work holiday party, and it turned out really well. I'm pleased, and can't say anything else about it, but I do love to just craft, craft, craft, and when I can combine that with party planning? I just turn into a crazy spawn of Martha Stewart. Minus the supercilious smile, of course. I just grin like a maniac.

Speaking of maniac, have you seen the Kia commercial that's running right now? I love it. Obviously they're shoehorning their way into my heart by using the music from Flashdance, and quite adeptly targeting my age group (gasp, near-40), however intentional or unintentional. I love it! I think they changed the music a bit, but it gives you the general idea if you haven't seen it.

Alrighty, peeps, I have to zig & zag my way home like a maniac (maniac! on the floor!) and then it's back to work to get as much done as I can - as a previous boss used to enjoy saying, "I'm dancin' as fast as I can!" and then my co-worker would do the flashdance-running-in-place moves as soon as she left. I'm excited for vacation! I'm up with people! I'm dancin' like I've never danced befo-o-o-re.......
posted by PlazaJen, 4:43 PM
|