PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lunch with the KC SWAT

Oh yeah.
Talk about a quick stop turning that frown upside down!

I'd had a pretty challenging morning, and after getting my hair cut, I was driving back to the office & decided to just swing into a local sub shop to grab a sandwich. Parking's always a bit of a challenge, since the lot is shared with a laundromat, and half the spaces are angled, and the others are straight-in spots. There was this big dark van, and it was taking up more than one space, and I was kinda pissed. I got into a different spot, and noticed that the sliding door was open & had a metal running board, so I thought, "OK, that's cool, handicapped person." Because it looked like one of those lift thingies.

OH no.

It would be THE KC SWAT van. The one they drive & roll up on drug houses in, with the door open & everyone locked & loaded and ready to kick your drug-usin' ass. At first, I just thought it was a police van. But as I walked in and looked at the man behind me (that would be Aaron), I thought, hm, he looks a bit familiar as I turned again and saw CHIP and Mike (of the arms-the-size-of-cabbages fame) and I started to freak out a little.

I turned to Aaron and said, "So.... Do you hear 'I saw you on Kansas City SWAT' a lot?"
He nodded, slowly.
(I'm thinking, uh-oh. Great. I'm alienating him right off the bag AND he's armed.)

So I said, "Do you get really tired of hearing that?"
And he started to nod, and I think I gave myself whiplash by laughing and turning back around as though I hadn't a CARE in the world about all these black-clad, armed beefcakes around me. I fought the urge to yell, "Chip! Chip! What are you ordering?" Aaron was nice and put his hand on my arm and said, "No, no, it's fine."

Uh, ok. My mind was racing though. This was a blog-worthy moment, given my love of the show. And my camera! It's in my purse! Well, as much as I would have tried to get a picture, the sub place is NOT conducive to getting photos, and it would have been UBER dorky. Of course right as I tell myself this, here comes Owen. Owen of playing pranks on Chip fame. Jesus. I can see how people can get a little overzealous in their fan excitement. Of course, the difference between those people and me is that I just ordered my sandwich, smiled at Chip, held the door for him to grab as he came behind me (Chip's very polite, and thanked me for holding the door), got in my car and drove away.

And came back to the office and yelled, "Jennifer?! Kristin?! I JUST HAD LUNCH WITH THE KC SWAT GUYS!"

Oh, and I'm sure they went back to HQ and told everyone how they had lunch with PlazaJen.

Labels:

posted by PlazaJen, 1:21 PM
|