PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, April 02, 2007

Random Orts....

1. We saw the Blue Man Group Saturday night...if you ever have the chance to see them, I highly recommend going! I will admit I was a wee bit skeptical, seeing how they were super-group popular like, omg, 10 years ago already? But it was a feast for the eyes, ears & mind, funny and thought-provoking, and unlike anything I'd ever seen before. Mike Relm opened, and I've never seen video scratching before - it took me a bit to actually figure out what was going on, but his stuff was also really cool.

2. Fish Fry Friday went down in a horrible way this weekend. We tried to go to a shrimp boil, and apparently it was a ticket-only event that required going to Mass and buying the tickets afterwards - weeks ago. Too bad, because it looked (and smelled) awesome! BUT, you know how they say, one door closes and a window opens... we went to the fabulous Guadalajara Cafe, and not only had a dinner that could only be described as exceptional, we also bought tickets to their tequila-tasting dinner on April 11. Six courses, six tequila drinks. Let's hope we get a reinforced table so I can dance on it.

3. Planet Earth series on Discovery. I can't shut up about it. I've never seen anything so gorgeous, and has the bonus of being educational. We watched two episodes yesterday, the ocean deep & the mountain ranges. If you're not watching, you simply have to give it a try. Kudos to Bank of America, the sponsor, because they run maybe 1-2 commercials in each 45-minute bank of programming.

4. Funny Farm. Kristin got me hooked on this word puzzle and I'm going crazy. It's all I can do to keep myself from cheating.

5. We have a lot of daffodils. I dead-headed all the ones in the front yard yesterday, and when I went to bed last night, I had my own twisted version of American Beauty behind my eyelids - I just saw thousands of shriveled daffodil heads, swirling and falling. Not as glamorous as rose petals, that's for sure.

6. Today's the Royal's home opener....our agency will be at the game, and I realize it's going to be 82 degrees - which is better than rain/snow/freezing temps, but still.... I'd like to hold off on sweating season for at LEAST a few more weeks!

7. This is a busy week! Lots going on each evening, and it's Good Friday/Easter weekend coming up. I've got to get my Operation Haremail package out the door, too.

8. I'm almost done with the Lost Points Shawl/Wrap that I started on last week's road-trip adventure. Pictures forthcoming.

That's it for today! Happy Monday - you KNOW you love Mondays......

Labels:

posted by PlazaJen, 6:52 AM
|