PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Holy Road Trip, Batman!

I just got home from a two-day new business road trip adventure.

We stayed in a castle/lodge..... and kept expecting someone to show up wearing a corset and carrying a platter of turkey legs. Our car actually got into town first, and we all went out to dinner - we met the second car back at the hotel, and all galloped at our co-workers on our imaginary horses, ala Monty Python. I think we were just exceptionally punchy by that part of the day......

I switched cars for the ride home and got to experience what exiting - and re-entering - earth's atmosphere must feel like for the astronauts. My boss drives the Nissan Quest like a rocketship. There were some stretches of road where my fellow astronaut and I joked that the o-rings were going to melt, and he thought he saw some tiles peeling off the sides of the car. Just kidding! But we made excellent time, and really, when all you want is to be home in your pj's, speed is not a problem.

Now I'm going to bed, and the only thing that would be better than the fact tomorrow's Friday? Is if it were SATURDAY. Snooze, glorious snooze......
posted by PlazaJen, 8:54 PM
|