PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Moderately Banner Day

We had a fabulous training session this morning, and for me to say that means, it was not only useful, and interesting, and filled with awe-inspiring moments, but that it was WORTHWHILE and that my friends, is practically priceless in this day & age. I have sat through so many useless meetings & trainings that were off-target, blah blah blah, and it was actually energizing to be given information in a concise manner that will actually be used on a daily basis!

I wore my finished Lady Detective Hat today, but it got rather warm at lunch. I found the buckle to finish it up at Hancock Fabrics, and it was rather nip & tuck to find something that was suitable & the right size. I got the last one! I'll put up pictures, hopefully tomorrow - we'll have to just go with the positive assumption that I'm going to be able to see just fine, because tomorrow is the big Lasik Day!

In other knitting news, I am working on a pair of socks (for me) out of Trekking #126, the coveted dyelot that resembles the Brach's candy. I'm using another pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks - the cloverleaf eyelet cable. Of the six-row repeat, only two rows have really any "action" going on, so it's easily memorized, and humming along quite nicely.
In-progress pics:
Trekking Socks

Cloverleaf Eyelet Cable ribbing

Think of me (and Kristin!) tomorrow morning - we'll both be getting our eyes lasered, and hopefully, not by laser cats.
posted by PlazaJen, 2:26 PM
|