PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

We're Gonna Be Contenders, Baby.

It is so cold in our offices, we might as well make some money on the real estate & hang some meat. Cold storage is an understatement, people. I am |this| close to blasting the Rocky theme song over the intercom as my passive-aggressive form of protest.

Now, some might say this is a fine sort of revenge. Seeing as how at the Last Place I Worked, I kept the thermostat a brisk 60-something or other. My argument was that I was in Hell, and I was simply curious to see if I could actually freeze it over. (Seriously though, my argument was that it was JUST FINE, and my chilly girly neighbors wore sweaters. We had ventilation issues and my office turned into a Crock Pot if we turned it up.) Here, however? It is warm in the summertime and freezing in the winter. My toes haven't thawed all day. I started visualizing sides of beef hanging from the ceiling, and I'm just waiting to hear someone shout about eating lightning and crapping thunder.
posted by PlazaJen, 3:28 PM
|