PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Friday, May 12, 2006

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree.....

So, my dad recounted a story from Tuesday, when he went in for radiation, but they stopped off at Betty Jane's for some candy first, and he was picking out some assorted creams, and then he moved on to the nuts. (And despite the stupidity I'm about to document, they DO have excellent chocolate. Outta sight stuff, in fact. Just a small local chocolatier, and I've waxed rhapsodic before about the chocolate covered orange peel....mmmmmm.....)

The salesperson then informed him that they'd raised the prices on the nuts, and therefore his entire order would be charged at the higher per-pound rate.

(Yes. How wack is that? He asked her to repeat it, it was that goofy. She did, same conclusion.)

He said, "So, you're telling me, if I go to the grocery store & buy broccoli for a dollar a pound, but then I add cauliflower to my cart, and cauliflower's two dollars a pound, you'd charge me two dollars a pound for the broccoli, too?"

"Uh. Yes. I guess. That's how they do it."

"Well."
(pause)
"That's not how we're gonna do it today."


...and they didn't.
posted by PlazaJen, 12:12 AM
|