PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

No, I'm Not Bitter, Why Do You Ask?

Today's Wall Street Journal has an article about the burgeoning union between media & creative (in ad agencies), two departments long thought to be like lions & hyenas: mortal enemies.

What-f-n-ever. My only regret is that I didn't start my own business doing this hybridization when things turned for the worse a few years ago, but hindsight is 20/20.... At the Old Place, I knew every person in the creative department. And suffered weekly the question, "Why aren't you in creative? WHY are you in media?" Or, from She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named-But-Spit-Upon, "You're TOO creative." (I always enjoyed the department meetings where we were challenged to be more creative, but like a sick mo-fo family, you will be beaten later if you actually do it. Hello, Threatened! How ya doin'?)

Well, because I'm a sensitive beyotch who studied PRINTMAKING and that's not a skill used a whole lot in a graphic-design based universe, and yes, I can be a pretty good writer, and even came up with some excellent stuff, but no, I still don't like criticism & don't know how to divest myself from my written words, I ended up in media. And I'm pretty good at it, despite VoldeJanemort's opinion. And, I'm super creative. Crazy creative. The idea is to be crazy, because in madness, you find brilliance once in a while, where someone's willing to take a risk, do something novel, get yourself noticed.

Yeah, I'd link to the WSJ article, but it requires you to pay for it. And I spit out my bitterness now, instead of swallowing it. Because loving your job is still the best revenge! MMMMmmm. Revenge. So tasty.
posted by PlazaJen, 1:44 PM
|