PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Friday, February 17, 2006

Big Sky Country

No, we don't live in Wyoming, but there are times when Midwestern sky feels just as expansive and infinite. I think what we have going on here in the Midwest that makes life a little different is an ever-changing weather situation. My husband is the ultimate weather forecaster - long ago, when we were in Orlando on a vacation together, he was watching the Weather Channel, and excitedly chimed in that a large front was coming off the coast of Africa. (Yes, "off the coast of Africa" gets said a LOT around our house now..... I couldn't stop laughing at the time.) Of course, later, the weatherperson talked about it coming in off the coast of Africa, and James whipped around with righteous indignation and affirmation. "See!? See?!"

I went to Lawrence last weekend to visit one of my very good friends, and the drive was nothing short of a mini-slide show in Midwestern Winter. The skies were overcast & gray, and for a chunk of time, everything was clear. Then, for three minutes? Blinding snow. Then? Poof! Gone! Ha ha! Did you dream that? I drove through maybe ten segments of blinding snow, and by the fourth one, it was becoming familiar, so I started taking pictures. You can't really see the snow, but I think it captures Kansas pretty well..... and yeah, I'm jacking up my layout to use the bigger photos!

100_0892

100_0906

100_0899
posted by PlazaJen, 9:05 AM
|