PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cozy Tootsies....

As the temperatures here are set to plummet, nose-dive, and generally head into the deep freeze, I'm still in the grips of a sock-knitting frenzy. Good thing, given all the sock yarn I own .... and continue to buy!

I was at The Studio yesterday & didn't buy anything! (Praise Me! Look at me! Resisting temptation for one whole day!) But there's a skein of Opal sock yarn in a new colorway (or at least, one I hadn't seen before) called "Flamingo" & it was a revelry of pinks. Kristin bought it, thankfully, so I could have a vicarious moment through her. Right now, I'm making JWo a pair of socks out of Trekking XXL, and the colors are so gorgeous I want to scream every time I stop to look at them. (I don't, though, because screaming repeatedly at my knitting is probably inappropriate & a surefire way to get committed to Two Rivers WITHOUT my knitting.)

The Opal socks got finished on Valentine's Day (so I could start JWo's socks on the same day....) & here's a couple of pictures.... I knit them on 1's with a broken rib pattern on the ankles. I love the colors! And they're verrrry cozy.





posted by PlazaJen, 7:13 AM
|